Saturday, April 10, 2010

well it is 5:23am and i am wide awake. i am confused about this for 2 reasons
1. i was really tired last night
and
2. i was up past midnight
however

i can tell you that part of its is because i am
nervous. [there is also a really loud bird out my window but that is beside the point]

the gut-wrenching, vomit-inducing, knee-shaking, hand-wobbling, wakeupat5am sort of nervous

what to know why? well first i will tell you things that it could be, but isnt
it is not because
1. i have an interview [boohiss]
2. i have some big test looming over my head. [i will at some point if i ever get a teaching job...but that is not today]
3. i am waiting for something in the mail
4. i have a date [boohiss?]
5. i am debating between 2 pairs of shoes
6. i know the ice cream man is coming and if i dont make a decision he will leave [men...sheesh]
7. i am watching some movie with enough action to produce that kind of nervousness
8. i have something due in 3 hours
9. i am 3 months pregnant and have to tell my parents why i gained 12 pounds [i havent]
10. i am secretly a world famous something about to reveal myself on oprah [im not]

i am nervous [the gut-wrenching, vomit-inducing, knee-shaking, hand-wobbling, wakeupat5am sort of nervous kind] because i have to sing a solo.
not just any solo.
a solo with a choir.

70 some odd people [i know its over 70 because my music is number 68 and there are people before and after me] [not to mention people in the audience...there are
tons of them] waiting for me to come in at just the right time, with just the right pitch, with just the right tempo, with just the right amount of skill to sound amazing and bring 'em to tears [or something?]

to top it off its not just the normal sunday morning choir song. nono. it is for when we dedicate our new church building. oh the pressure.

talk about scary.

the only good thing is i really
really love the song.
so i couldn't say no because i don't want anyone else to sing it either.

deep breaths.
...

4 comments:

  1. So I totally missed the part where you said "Let me tell you the things it isn't"... And I thought all those things were happening at once! And then I got very nervous for you-- and had to reread the entire blog.

    I know you'll do a great job because you have an awesome voice. Just remember all those times you sang at SBU... and in our apartment... especially about there being no room. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list amused me greatly. I am so glad that all you have to do is sing a solo and it's not that you are pregnant or because of the ice cream man!
    That being said, it's tricky business. You will be awesome. Just don't imagine people in their underpants... That doesn't turn out well for anyone!
    You'll be spectacular and just have fun with it!
    Loves and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i am 3 months pregnant and have to tell my parents why i gained 12 pounds [i havent]"

    Does this mean that you ARE 3 months pregnant, but you haven't gained 12 pounds?

    I'm sure you will sing beautifully and the new church building will be honored by it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not pregnant but the happy part was that i havent gained 12 pounds.

    thanks for the encouragement guys! i have to sing it in like 3 weeks. so maybe my nerves will calm down?

    glad you liked the list...im pretty sure the ice cream man was one of my favorites :)

    for anna: "no room in the inn for Jeeessusss. no room in the inn for God. no room in the inn for Jeeesssuusss...but there's room in my heart for you..."

    ReplyDelete