Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Well. Here it is. The much anticipated, long awaited blog from me.

I am mostly sure this is going to be a random compilation of whatever strikes my fancy on any given day. It will be brilliant. And heartbreaking. And breathtaking. And life-changing. And [just face it] brilliant.
[because I am under the impression that most things that are brilliant are heartbreaking and breathtaking and life-changing...if you don't believe me, go to an art museum or a symphony, or heck, read the Bible]

To explain my title: "Nobody can be uncheered by a balloon"
This took a minute or 2 for me to figure out. However it only means that one cannot be down or unhappy when given a balloon.
Winnie-the-Pooh said it first and who are we to disagree with such a historic figure [even if he is a bear of very little brain]

So I went running/jogging/walking this morning. It was weird. I am finding that things in the gym that people use for exercise mean nothing in the real world. For example: when I was a child I loved riding my bike. Then a couple of years ago for my birthday I got this really great old fashioned looking bike and the other day I went for a bike ride. It was nothing like biking at the gym. Also actually running/jogging on the road with hills and stuff is nothing like running on an elliptical.
It makes me wonder if anything really prepares you for "the real world" [whatever that means]. But I am not sure. So far I haven't been able to put my college degree into good use and apparently biking and ellipticaling in the gym doesn't prepare you for really biking or running.

Maybe that's why prayer is important?

No comments:

Post a Comment