Tuesday, April 20, 2010

well. its true. i think i have a job.
and its not a dream job.
but its not bad.
as long as i dont have to stay there very long.

i am working at a wannabepre-k/betterthanadaycare place.

definitely a ministry. most of these kids come from low income families and need somebody to love them. for now that somebody is me. during nap time, i am committing to pray for each kid by name at least once. i am also praying for me during nap time...that i will have a heart that will love them and not yell at them like [probably] many of the adults in their lives do. [i dont know for sure, but i have an imagination and a pretty good idea]. i am praying that God would give me a heart of compassion, because i could be the only reflection of Christ that they ever see.

on the upside:
i get an hour for lunch!
i almost dont know what to do with myself.
i also get to wear scrubs!
they are the comfiest things i have ever worn practically.

at first i wasnt sure that i would like the scrub rule, but then i thought back to my time during school when i had to help in a daycare....deciding what to wear was always horrible. it was, in reality, deciding what clothing i would be 'ok' with smelling like grossness until the next time i did laundry. then i went to work. in my happiest scrubs. and then some kid was crying and his nose was running and it didnt matter because a. i am wearing scrubs and b. i am never wearing the scrub shirt outside of work.

the pants, however are a completely different story.

they are the most amazing pants i have ever had. they are comfy and the right length. and apparently i will have pj pants for the next hundred years with these babies. if i ever take a vacation, guess what pants im wearing on the plane....my scrub pants! if i ever go see a midnight movie [ha!] guess what pants im wearing...my scrub pants! if i ever become a doctor, guess what pants im wearing my first day...my scrub pants! amazing

so my random day yesterday included walking into my new place of employment and being hired on the spot. [and like an hour before, i was cutting out stuff for my teacher friend/workout buddy and she was like 'you better go, or else everything will be closed soon' and i was like 'yeah, bcause it takes soo long for employers to say 'thanks but no thanks' and then i went and got hired. nuts!] there was other stuff too, but its hard to explain.

anyway, im not enirely sure what my schedule looks like, but i think it will be from 8 to 5 monday through friday.
like im an actual adult with an acutal job that i go to every day in the worlds comfiest pants.

for now

3 comments:

  1. First off, CONGRATS! I am going to take any job offered after this semester. Even if it means grocery store, waitress, or fast food worker. I need some money!

    Secondly, once upon a time I bought a pair of scrub pants at a summer camp (they were on sale) and they were glorious. I wore them so much the bottoms were torn and ruined. So I had my mom cut them off at the knee-- and I still wear them to this day. And that was-- 8 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your scrub pant story is inspirational! i hope mine last that long...and hopefully i will eventually have more than 2! so maybe i really will be set for awhile.
    although my mom is already worried that i will get into a rut of wearing them every day. even saturdays and sundays, so i must be showing early signs of addiction.

    i am glad i have a job for now. but im still praying somebody will hire me in the fall...

    i am still praying for your job situation too, dearest of annas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...so I facebook stalked you today and saw somebody's comment about you having a job and I was happy but confused cause I didnt' know any of the details. Apparently I need to learn to blog stalk as well as facebook stalk so I get all the info! Congrats (that is for the job and comfy pants!)

    Anna: I remember those pants! secretly I was a little jealous of them!

    ReplyDelete